Portfolio Content Manager
Providing content marketing insights and consulting to early stage startups.
Overlooked Ventures is a venture capital firm supporting historically overlooked founders of early-stage technology companies.
As a firm dedicated to underrepresented founders, a core part of their strategy is adding value. Part of that value is offering fractional content marketing support which required a portfolio content manager to provide content marketing assistance and education to their portfolio companies.
As the Portfolio Content Manager, my role centered on providing insight, potential solutions, and content creation support to the Overlooked Ventures portfolio companies. I worked with founders on messaging, content strategy, editorial planning, and marketing support. Some of my projects for the portfolio companies included:
- Hosting educational workshops for founders on content marketing
- Writing blog posts for a company in the agetech space (Eg: Improving SNAP Access for Older Adults)
- Crafting social media copy for fintech company
- Writing website content (landing pages, web pages, features, and more)
- Providing content strategy, insight, and direction to portfolio companies
- Ghostwriting articles and blogs for leadership teams